Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed your vacation. I’ve really missed my students. I spent the day (Friday) cleaning the room and preparing materials for this week. I am sending out a summary of what we will be learning this week.
Spanish Language Arts
- We are beginning a new story: Dogzilla
- We are learning a new component of academic conversations: Adding to an idea/ Challenging an idea.
- common prefixes Prefixes
- common suffixes
- We are starting a new English text: Matter and Energy
- Vocabulary quiz: High frequency words (a mix of the words to date)
- Reviewing multiplication tables (1-10)
- Introduction to division
- Completing an essay on the community of Long Beach, CA http://www.mhschool.com/ss/ca/g3/u1/g3u1_unit.html
- New Music for Minors teacher coming to our class on Wednesday
- No Playworks this week
- Students are selecting library books that are within their A.R. reading level starting this week.
Well, this has been a very brief summary of what will be going on this week:) .